Monday, September 19, 2016

Today I finally got back to my novel. Hooray! Starting out with a lower daily wordcount goal until I can get into it again. This chapter has caused me no end of annoyance. I've restructured it 3 times and I still have problems getting into the character's head at times, but I think the only way to get around that is to just write it out and do the bulk of the work in editing. At my current rate, this next 25000 words of my novel will take around 50 days, but I don't know if there are actually 25000 words left in this thing, or if my daily output will stay constant. I won't let it go down, but it could very well go up.

After my novel, I'm not sure yet. It's still weird to think 'my novel will be finished'. It's been an idea in my head for so long I haven't planned an 'after' yet. I've got another 50 days minimum so we'll see next month.

3 comments:

  1. Good work with the novel. I've enjoyed your work greatly over the past year or two, so it's good to see you making progress on something you obviously hold dear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not the same person above, but you still alive buddy?

    ReplyDelete