Sunday, March 8, 2015

First off, progress: Finished 32 pages of translation since last post. Haven't written anything. If you haven't already, check out my previous post with links to my newest writings and the pictures I commissioned for them. There's also info about artists if you're thinking about commissioning something yourself.

As far as when I'll finish BTE8, I'm not sure. I'm aiming for next Saturday, but depending on how much I get done today it might be earlier. I would definitely say not before Wednesday.

Since I've finally made some real progress with writing in finishing P&L and posting Marilith's Massage along with it, I've given more thought to what I'm going to write next. As I said before, It's Not the Fall will come right after I'm done with this translation, but I've also been throwing around ideas of what my next writing project might be. I like succubi and lilim and I haven't had a chance to write them yet, so I want to do something with them. Here are my ideas at the moment:

- A story set in the MGE world, involving a man who tries and fails miserably to get the attention of a lilim and is forced to work on himself in order to be seen as interesting. He's helped in this by an oddly invincible middle-aged man and a lilim that tries her best to remain obscure to the rest of the world. I was thinking the lilim the man is trying to get the attention of is Mari since 1) I find her interesting and 2) she fits the role quite well, a boisterous and powerful lilim who cares more about exploring the world than taking it over. The problem with this idea, however, is that the story I'm thinking of would have to be of some length, but I don't have the ammunition to fill out a story of the length I have in mind, if that makes sense. If it doesn't: I basically have a core concept that I find interesting but I don't know how to flesh out all the details. This story would require the most work to figure out before I could start writing it.

- A contemporary fiction on a much smaller scale. A man is attacked by a succubus in the depths of night and things go as you would usually expect a succubus attack to go until the point where the succubus is ready to finish up. She keeps draining the man, yet no matter how much she pulls from him, he doesn't die, to the confusion of both participants. The rest of the story is about the succubus stalking the man, finding myriad ways to seduce or trick him into sex than draining him beyond what should kill him. The man has to figure out how to either escape her neverending hunting or convince her to stop, at the same time finding out why the hell her attacks don't kill him.

- Finally, the most ambitious idea I have and the one I want to do most. At its core, it's a tale about a scientist, one of many sent out into the reaches of space to find a way to help humanity survive a disease of infertility. He comes across a planet filled with monstergirls and takes them up into his ship, one at a time, to study them. He's surprised to find how human-like they are and their mating compatibility, but is also driven to find out why. It wouldn't be a typical chapter-by-chapter format. Rather, I'd release logs and journals about each monstergirl as he studies them. These would be much shorter (1-2k words) than my typical chapters (4-6k words) but released more frequently. In addition, there would be a main storyline progressed by less-regular personal journal updates where the man talks about how things are going, any communication with home base, and his personal thoughts on the situation. These would progress the core story, and every now and then something unexpected would happen. I have several ideas for the "unexpected", one being that one of the monsters corrupts the AI on the ship into becoming curious about the scientist in exactly the way you're thinking. I don't want to go into any more of these ideas and spoil the surprise should I ever get around to this story.
That's just the cool part, though. There are two big challenges I think that would come with this story. First, the presentation. I think this would ideally be it's own website, like a wiki, with the most recent main story journal on the front page and links to the monstergirls already studied. I would have to make it so the monstergirl study logs contain practically no reference to the story progression so people could read the logs in whatever order they want, or divvy up the logs into tiers of some sort based on significant events in the main story. I'm still thinking on this.
Second, I kind of want to release a new picture with each monstergirl log I post. There are a few reasons for this. The logs are short, so it would add some content to the log as a whole. It would also show the monstergirl in a new context (a lab on a spaceship), which gives the reader both a visualization of the individual monstergirl and the environment in which this is all taking place. I really think these three things are quite important, to the point I don't think this would project would be much without the images. So I'd need to either find an artist affordable enough to commission X number of pictures from them, or convince one or more of the resident drawfags to get on board with this.
As I said, it's an ambitious project, but I think it could be really cool if I pulled it off.

That's all for my rambling. Here's my day-by-day progress as usual:

Mo: 3 pages
Tu: 6 pages
We: 4 pages
Th: 8 pages
Fri: 0 pages
Sat: 11 pages
Sun: 5 pages

No comments:

Post a Comment